Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkey Trot


This year, Turkey Day started off with a Turkey Trot. (sorry, we took no pictures!) The whole Summers crew got up early (ok, the race didn't start until 8am), put on many many layers (It was 8 degrees when we left, maybe 13 when we were running), and headed to American Fork to run around the shopping center parking lot. And no, I'm not kidding. The race started and ended at Fleet Feet.  We got to run by Kohls, in front of Target and Old Navy, around the movie theater, in front AND behind Wal-Mart and Home Depot. It was a very strange course. I had 1 goal going into the race... I wanted to beat my last 5k time of 41 minutes. (Now do you believe I'm not a runner?) And I did it! I came in at just over 39 minutes. I still have a lot of work to do if I'm going to do the St. George Marathon in October. Bring on the running!


No comments:

Post a Comment