Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Marathon... here I come!


Once upon a time I decided to marry a runner. Little did I know he would want to make me a runner. Yesterday, I was signed up for the Runner's Series. Basically I have to run 2 St. George approved races and I get an automatic spot in the St. George Marathon in October 2011 instead of the lottery. Yay. I've been telling Jake that I could die. He said I wouldn't die. Today I found an article about someone who did die from running a marathon. And he was only 22! Click here for the story.

However, I think this would be a sweet marathon. Except that it's a marathon. In January. In Florida. Other than that, it would be awesome!

Either way, I start my training next week. I was told to bring my running shoes on my honeymoon because there is a track on the ship. I think this calls for new running attire. What do you think? Anyone have some headphones I can use? My iPod ones are a little small!

3 comments:

  1. So, how's the ship track running coming????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another reason why I don't run, you don't want me to die do you? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was no ship track running. There wasn't even a track. There was, however, a painted track on the deck. No thank you.

    ReplyDelete